4.16.2009

5 weeks and counting .....

On Tuesday I went for another "baby" appointment and we've now hit the mark where I'll start going weekly. Paul and Brooke are on vacation this week and came with me to hear the heartbeat - the first time for both of them with this baby. Brooke was scared of the exam room AND the Dr but when she realized he was not touching her she settled right down. I wish I had brought the camera to snap the look on her face when she heard the baby's heartbeat her eyes got wide as saucers. The Dr has scheduled an ultrasound on Friday to 'check' growth - he ordered a similar late pregnancy scan with Brooke too! This time since I am older I also get to have weekly non-stress tests, the first one of those is scheduled for Friday too. My due date is May 17th and I am planning on working til May 8th. The walls and the trim in the baby's room are painted and Paul just needs to paint the baseboard heaters. Slowly the list of things that need to get done is shrinking.

On Wednesday, Brooke and Daddy had a fun filled, busy day. They met Mr. Rob and Sammi at a park in Colchester and played for an hour. Then they loaded up and went to McDonald's for lunch. After a trip home for a nap for Brooke and some chores for Dad they were off to the Chinese Buffet to meet Uncle Artie and Msgr. Brooke really enjoyed being the center of the attention with them. Msgr brought her some sunglasses - Brooke LOVES glasses and she stole pineapple off of Uncle Artie's ice cream. After all that activity she definitely needed a bath. She used her giraffe towel complete with ears and tail - she thought it was "sooooo cute"

No comments: