4.07.2010

Remembering Maddie



It was about this time last year that I met my friend, Heather Spohr. Heather and her husband Mike live in LA and truth be told, I haven’t actually ever talked to either of them and they have no idea who I am. I stumbled across Heather’s blog a few days after the sudden and unexpected death of their 17 month old daughter, Maddie. Then Kristen arrived and I was home on maternity leave, I began reading Heather’s blog almost daily and praying for the strength they would need to keep going.


One year ago today their beautiful, bubbly little Madeline was taken away. Today I am sad, sad for a family I never met, for a little girl that I never got to know.


Because of Maddie, I hug my kids a little tighter and kiss my husband a little longer because you just never know.

No comments: