11.30.2021

Thirty Days of Thanks

 

For years I have posted daily in November my "Thirty Days of Thanks."  This Fall, particularly, October and November, have been a LOT. Sitting down to write daily here on Romanskiville seemed more like a chore than enjoyable. 

I was going to forget about it this year. 

We stay home on Thanksgiving and have a low key, quiet day. This is by design because after Thanksgiving, Paul's hours get ridiculous and it won't be uncommon for him to roll in between 9-10pm. 

We were sitting at the table finishing our linner (lunch and dinner), when Kristen plucked the turkey headband she'd made in Sunday school off the gratitude jar in the middle of the table and said "Put this on and say what you are grateful for." I was here. for. THAT. First she went, then Brooke and Paul. 

"Come on, Mom. It's your turn"  I happily donned the turkey headband and listed a few things. 

As I was cleaning up the table and the kitchen, I kept thinking about the things that I was grateful for .. so, while it wasn't a daily installment, here is the 2021 Thirty Days of Thanks!



#1 - I am thankful that my kids are in school, 5 days a week. 

#2 - I am thankful that Paul's new UPS truck has heat vents that blow on his feet.

#3 - I am thankful for my Noxgear lighted vest for early morning or late night walks/runs. 

#4 - I am thankful to have a baby in the family again and that I am his Aunt.

#5 - I am thankful for my Yeti tumbler and the insane amount of time that it keeps things hot or cold.

#6 - I am thankful for flavored almond milk creamers.

#7 - I am thankful that my friend was not more seriously hurt in a summer cycling accident. 

#8 - I am thankful for the team of physical therapists who helped me "fix my feet." 

# 9 - I am thankful that my parents spent the week in Aruba with us and love our favorite place as much as we do.

#10 - I am thankful for my Apple Watch. 

#11 - I am thankful that our favorite spot for pizza and family dinners out survived being only available for takeout. 

#12 - I am thankful that we, all 4 of us,  survived Covid in February.

#13 - I am thankful that we were all able to be vaccinated. 

#14 - I am thankful for the customers on Paul's route who leave him snacks, drinks, and treat him with kindness.

#15 - I am thankful for my neighbor who so willingly chauffeured Brooke to track practice on her remote days.

#16 - I am thankful for the hibachi chicken fried rice at Mazhu. 

#17 - I am thankful for the neighbors who share carpool to NFA with us. 

#18 - I am thankful that my Mom recovered completely from Covid and that my Dad did not get it. 

#19 - I am thankful that my nephew goes to a high school where they make and sell beautiful seasonal flower arrangements.

#20 - I am thankful for the weeknights that Paul gets home early and we have dinner together. 

#21 - I am thankful for the 4 years I served my community AND that my service is over in 7 days. 

#22 - I am thankful for my Thirty-one business and my loyal customers.

#23 - I am thankful for my Audible subscription and being able to listen to books. 

#24 - I am thankful for my iPhone, it is old and tired, but it keeps showing up for me.

#25 - I am thankful for my friend who even after moving hours away, continues to send the girls their chocolate advent calendars every year. 

#26 - I am thankful for Sunday night bowling with the funniest teammates "that's what she said"

#27 - I am thankful for my friends, 2 particularly, that are always gifting us with food. Kathy and Casey can cook!

#28 - I am thankful for the coaches - business, personal development and speaking, that I have had the privilege to work with this last year. 

#29 - I am thankful for my zero turn lawnmower and the peace it brings when I am mowing. 

#30 - I am thankful for the constant support and belief Paul has for every crazy idea I have. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

As usual, you speak [and write] ]from the heart and spread the love to all of us.

Lou said...

Great post, Heather!