1.08.2010

Five Years Ago Today ........

Five years ago today it was cold and rainy - really rainy - eventually it turned to freezing rain. I had cheerios and danish for breakfast and leftover pizza for lunch. I spent the morning and early afternoon with Leeann and Heidi - we got our hair done and did each other's make-up, we spent most of the time acting genuinely silly covering cheesy hotel art with elegant wrapping paper so it wouldn't detract from the pictures later.


I remember that day so clearly because on January 8, 2005, I married Paul. It was one of the best days I've ever had. There are times when I have trouble remembering what I did a few days ago, but that day, I remember the smallest details. When I think about our wedding I can hear someone from the right hand side of the room whisper "she looks beautiful" when Dad and I entered. I remember thinking when the JP started talking that Paul was going to keel over and out loud asking him if he was OK. I remember greeting guests after the ceremony and Dale saying "You look radiant" and thinking that was exactly how I was feeling. I chuckle when I remember Joe Ro looking at me with a smile and wink and calling me Mrs. Romanski.
I remember having not a single doubt that this was "right". I remember feeling that this was the beginning of something wonderful - and it was.


This is the picture that hangs on the wall in my parents house, the one Brooke sees and says that I was princess and Daddy was my prince. There was certainly enough magic that day for a happily ever after.........There are very few chances in life for "do-overs" and if you are lucky enough to get one make the most of it - we are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you want to make me cry! What a lovely tribute to your marriage and how happy you are.....sometimes we do have to make a couple of mistakes before we find the one that really makes our hearts jump. Congrats to 5 years and here's to the next 50!!!

Mary P.