1.25.2011

Winter Time Fun

We've had record snowfall for the month of January in CT and we are expecting more later this week - oh joy !! On more than one morning, we've been awakened by the joyful squeals of Brooke announcing "it snowed last night - let's go sledding"
Bundled Up


 Ready to Ride

 The girls share a sled ride
At first, the girls were impressed by the whole snowman, sledding, snow angel thing but even the novelty has worn off for them.  It takes me longer to get them dressed in their snow gear than we last outside.  I have cheap winter boots - they leak, they lack insulation and the flipping zippers are always getting jammed.  We don't normally get a lot of snow, so they have served their purpose and not warranted a more sizeable investment.  This Winter The Snow Gods are doubled over laughing at me.  So today, after shoveling for a mere 15 minutes,  I came in with frozen toes.  The Snow Gods win - - - I ordered new, expensive boots.  I am sure I have seen the last sizeable, boots needed snow for the season. 

All you people who are sick and tired of the snowy weather can thank me - I took one for the team!!!!

No comments: