7.07.2017

We Won't be the Same



One year. Three hundred and sixty-five days. Without you here.

I still look for you - when I pass the window of Irene's on my way into the dining room or when I pass a Jeep on Scotland Road. I wonder - will I ever stop?

This grief, it's new for me, almost shocking in a way. How could someone I really only knew for a short amount of time affect me this way? It speaks to the person you are.

You radiated joy, kindness, humor and love. There was no better place for you than here on Earth - "sprinkling that shit everywhere" 💜

You were going to do amazing things and now, well, now you're doing amazing things somewhere else. 

This last year has changed the way we are living our lives - less talking, more doing. We're focused on what matters most. Our plans are thoughtful and deliberate, ensuring they are in line with our priorities. We're focused on quality, not quantity.

We are working our way to being whole again. We will never be the same. We shouldn't be the same. We don't want to be the same. 

We will continue to live with Grace. #Graceisallaround

No comments: