11.24.2022

Happy Thanksgiving

 


I started of "Thirty Days of Thanks" with a bang. I inspired others with that first post. I haven't written since then. Some stuff happened. 

Our schedule got a little jacked up -- the girls had these crazy school and after school activities schedules, someone on my team fell and broke a rib and was out of work for SEVEN DAYS, I took this class that met 4 times complete with HOMEWORK, I started working a part-time catering job and my Thirty-one business exploded. All good things, but things that wore me out.

I'm a firm believer that there is no expiration on gratitude -- which is why you sometimes get a thank note from me months after the gift. I hope that it still makes you feel appreciated. 

So, here's a bit of a catch-up list that gets me caught up through today!

#2 - I am thankful for a reliable car. When I put the key in the ignition, it goes.

#3 - I am thankful for our zero-turn mower with the bagger. I am grateful how it makes it easier to do Fall cleanup in our yard. 

#4 - I am thankful hot, creamy French vanilla coffee.

#5 - I am thankful that I was able to travel to Europe this summer with my mom and my daughter. I will forever treasure those memories

#6 - I am thankful for my Thirty-one business. I have the most amazing group of loyal supporters. 

#7 - I am thankful for Saturday morning walks with a good friend. Not only is it 3.5 miles of good exercise, but it is also 1 hour the best conversation.

#8 - I am thankful for the right to vote. 

#9 - I am thankful for the team - my podiatrist and physical therapists - who helped me heal my debilitating foot pain. I can now appreciate how mentally crippling pain is and how liberating it is when it subsides.

#10 - I am thankful for Central AC. 

#11 - I am thankful for friends who loan you their extra window ACs when your central AC craps out - in a record-breaking heat wave!

#12 - I am thankful for my Inner Circle Family. I never imagined how impactful that you would all be. The personal and professional growth I've achieved the last year isn't possible without your wisdom, love, encouragement and accountability.

#13 - I am thankful for heat and hot water. At my fingertips, consistently. 

#14 - I am thankful that we've been able to build our addition and attached garage. 

#15 - I am thankful that I can open my garage door from my smartphone - something I was certain I wouldn't need and now don't want to live without.

#16 - I am thankful for my Sunday night bowling crew. This has been such a constant in my life and it has so little to do with the actual sport. I am grateful for my team who makes me laugh so hard every week!

#17 - I am thankful for friends who are easy to share a hotel room with.

#18 - I am thankful for family time watching TV.

#19 - I am thankful that my kids friends like to come to our house. 

#20 - I am thankful that we converted our swimming pool from chlorine to salt.

#21 - I am thankful for my Apple watch and the ability to use it to find my phone.

#22 - I am thankful for my student employees - this current group restores my faith in the future. 

#23 - I am thankful for the day before Thanksgiving off with pay!

#24 - I am thankful that my parents are hosting Thanksgiving Dinner.

No comments: