2.09.2012

100th Day

Today was the 100th day of school.  Apparently it is a bit of a holiday.  I don't remember it being a big deal when I was in elementary school, but if you ask my dear daughter that was "a long, long time ago." Brooke was filled with anticipation for the whole thing and could not stop talking about the crown she would make and place 100 stickers on as part of the day.  I arrived at daycare this afternoon and she was at the table proudly wearing that crown.  When we arrived home, she promptly stripped down and donned her Rapunzel dress up garb to complete the outfit.

I'm not really sure I understand all the hoopla behind "100th day" ... but hey it didn't require gifts, goodie bags or mean any time off from school.  Yay!  I am just thrilled she loves school and is excelling. I visibly smile each morning that she wakes and eagerly dresses in some form of blue and khaki without any fighting, yelling, threatening, etc ... I know this WILL change.  For now, I am going to ride the wave.


Secretly, I was rejoicing inside that there was a note in the backpack that "Collections of 100 things" were optional and NOT required.  Thank you Mrs. Bosse, we working parents salute you !!!

No comments: