9.16.2013

Kids say the darndest things

Yesterday I ran in the Surftown 5K.  The course was flat and had some great views along the way.  Minus the toothache that prompted an emergency dentist visit at 2 pm today, my body feels great. The day did start early yesterday and when I got home I snuck back into bed and tried to get a quick nap.  

About 10 minutes later Kristen made an appearance in my room and climbed into bed with me.  She snuggled up close to me, eye to eye, nose to nose. She was playing with my hair when she looked at me and said the following:

"Mom, I'm so proud of you for wunning in da race today. You did so good and you winned a medal.  Mom, I just love you so much."

My eyes filled with tears, I was overcome with her genuine pride and acknowledgement of my accomplishment. Then about 45 seconds later she added this ....

"And Mom you don't even smell"

I start chuckling "I don't even smell ?? Well that's good right?"

"Yup Mom, you're not stinky at awll"

What is it they say out of the mouths of babes .....




No comments: