12.04.2014

Sugar and Spice

# 29 - I am thankful for our girls

Nothing about having kids was easy for us. Just about every part of the process was work. 

I puked from conception right up through delivery ... NO exaggeration. I was on medication 24 x 7, both times there were ER visits for IV fluids, there were "emergency" ultrasounds. All that drama should have been a good indicator that we were getting girls. 

They were the tiniest little people. If I ever doubted the existence of miracles these two changed that.

Brooke
Kristen
There have been little bumps in the road along the way .. Brooke's struggle with an asthma diagnosis before age 1, Kristen's need for significant corrective eye surgery when she was 3.

They have grown a lot since those pictures. They are two completely different people, polar opposites.  I call them "My Ying and Yang"

One is chatty, affectionate, sensitive, and worries about, well, everything.

The other is quiet and shy but fearless. She'll climb to the top of the monkey bars and then wonders how she'll get down. She worries about nothing and if I didn't know better I would SWEAR there are times when she is mentally flipping me off.

A few weeks ago we had Christmas pictures taken ... this is my favorite one. It fills my heart with joy .. it won't be the one I send on our cards but it captures their spirit and personalities.



They are both in school now and we see them growing so much - socially AND academically. Their vocabulary is unbelievable and they are so full of curiosity and wonder. 


These two complete our story. They make our house a home and turned us from a couple into a family. I used to dream about getting married and having kids. I waited a LONG time for that piece of the puzzle to snap into place. 

Let me tell you, THEY, were worth the wait.  

# 29 - I am thankful for our girls

No comments: