8.27.2015

Told You So

So yesterday was the "first day of school" and if you read the post you know how the day started off. One bursting with excitement and one in tears. Many wondered how the rest of the day went. 

I could just say "I told you so" 

Brooke's teacher was there .. just like I said

She had friends in her class from last year that made her feel comfortable

There were books at her reading level IN her classroom ... seriously these are the things Brooke worries about

Not one more tear was shed once she got off the bus

We've known her teacher for a long time, before she was married and before we were at Moriarty but Brooke loved reading the letter she wrote to the class where she told them about herself. 

I had sent her teacher a quick message earlier in the day saying Brooke left in tears and that I hoped she was not dealing with any of that.  Later that night, I got a reply "she was great, quieter than I thought" 

"Don't worry my friend that will wear off" I said. 

Trust me, her teacher can handle anything Brooke throws her way. 

Kristen came home and talked non-stop about her day. She had old friends and new friends and got to be the "demonstrator".

The highlight of her day was the chicken dippers (they are really just chicken nuggets, Mom) and the ketchup. 

They both ate HUGE dinners and polished off a big bowl of watermelon before drifting off while Daddy read a story. 

Day one, in the books, huge success..... I TOLD YOU SO




No comments: