12.05.2017

A Christmas Miracle

#21 - I am thankful for surprises

Earlier tonight, I sat down and wrote most of a blog post with the intention of adding some pictures when I got home. It talked about all the texts, emails, and other messages I received all day long wishing me congratulations and good luck. 

I wrote about how excited I was to have the girls there with my brother and sister in law to watch me be sworn in. 

I wrote about how I was anxious and nervous and ... a little sad. I wanted so desperately for Paul to be there but after 15 years with this UPS man .. in peak season .. the thought that he would make a 7:30 pm event is well sort of ridiculous. I promised him in the morning that there would be pictures and video and it was all good ... 

A little before 7 a dear friend texted "Where is the ceremony tonight?" I answered and wanted to say, "please come" but I know how hectic and crazy her schedule is -- so I didn't dare.

The girls and I loaded up and made our way to City Hall. I was glad that I decided on the nylons and fancy boots when I saw the honor guard and bagpiper. I was taken back by the pageantry ... the dress uniforms, the suits, and that there was a formal procession into chambers. I was a little more disappointed when I saw what a "to do" this was and that Paul was missing it. 


Cindy, David and the girls found their seats and I waited in the hallway with a fellow board member. James and I were chatting away, talking about the meeting next week and then I saw a guy in a UPS turn the corner, I didn't even have to look at the face to know who it was .... HE MADE IT and walked in with my sister by his side. 


When we took our seats in Council Chambers, I saw my family all sitting together and looked to the left and saw my friend who texted earlier sitting near them. My heart was full. 

Needless to say, I had to rewrite this whole post. Truth to be told .. it was worth every minute. I am so grateful for every single one of my "people" who showed up tonight and so very thankful that we had another opportunity for a #CoreFour moment


#21 - I am thankful for surprises

No comments: