8.17.2009

Yellow Miracles


As many of you know, we have a flower garden in front of the house. On the advice of the Nursery Staff we planted marigolds since the deer supposedly do not like the scent. I have to admit that I bought my beautiful bright yellow, healthy marigolds at Walmart. I am happy to say (and I am knocking on wood as I type) that the deer have not touched my garden where I planted these hardy, yellow blossoms. It has been very hot and humid here so I am happy to go outside after returning from my daycare pick up run and let Brooke play in the sandbox and water the flowers. Today she was busy with her task and was watering her favorite marigold --- again.

"What plant are you watering now, Brooke?" I inquired.

"The yellow miracle, Mom" She proudly replied.

Perhaps she's wiser than I give her credit for.

No comments: