2.14.2015

It Takes A Village .....

From the minute Brooke was born .... we've had help from family and friends.

A little over a week ago Brooke came home with an invitation to the Author's Tea, for a Friday afternoon from 2-3 ...... a perfect time for the school day. It would have been totally fine if you were a Mom who worked from home .. or a mom who has been at her place of employment for years. It is not so perfect if you've just started a new job, a job you've barely done for 2 weeks.

Brooke was SO excited about this event, she is so used to my always being there that she just assumed that I would be there. This is when you call on your village ..... Auntie Robin to the rescue. 

She left work in the middle of the afternoon and was the face in the audience, smiling with pride I am sure. 

Then an email, from Brooke's teacher, with the whole Fairy Tale reading recorded. I watched with such pride and was so touched that she sent it to me. She knew that I was struggling with the fact that I couldn't be there that afternoon. 

Then a little while later Auntie Robin posted her video on FB ... she thought to record it too ... of course she did ... cause that is what the people in your Village do ... 

We are so lucky that our village is full of people who care about us and our kids. I mean think about the alternative, our village could be full of idiots ... 



No comments: