1.08.2015

Ten Long, Wonderful Years ... No, Really, They Have Been Awesome

Have you ever heard a couple say they have been married X number of long, wonderful years .. long for me, wonderful for him? 

Today is our wedding anniversary, our TENTH wedding anniversary. 



I spent some time last night re-reading previous posts that I've written on or about this day. The one from last year was my favorite, you should definitely read it .. it is some of my best work.  Click HERE to take a peek. 

I am so thankful that mutual friends thought to introduce us 13 years ago. We are supposed to be together. I'm supposed to be with him, he's supposed to be with me. 

He's quiet, I'm chatty. 

I hate to take out the garbage, he has a whole "trash efficiency system".

I'm good with electronics, computers and tablets. He's good with tractors, and plows, hedge trimmers, etc. 

I like to cook, he likes to eat. There is that whole not liking cheese thing but let's be realistic .. no one is perfect.

He does all the goofy stuff the girls and I ask of him and he does it smiling.

Given all the stuff that we both dealt with "before", I never really imagined marriage or my life would ever turn out THIS GOOD.

We're a little older, a little heavier, a little more tired, and sporting more grey than we were 10 years ago but all the pain from "before" is such a distant memory. 

For us it has just been 10 wonderful years.




 





No comments: