3.22.2023

Building a Habit is HARD

 


I'm not sure who to attribute that quote to, but it really helps me keep things in perspective. 

I said I was going to write for 100 days straight. If I'm being honest, I knew when I said that -- I was going to miss some days. I didn't anticipate it going off the rails so quickly, but here I am on day #9 - needing to also write #7 and #8. 

The old me would have thought - "well I couldn't even make it through 2 weeks, might as well give up" 

The me of today -- asked "what will it take to get you back on track" and I thought for a few minutes and devised a plan. Write a post before your work day starts and another at lunch. Depending on how the dinner rush at home goes and what others need from me -- maybe a 3rd tonight. I contemplate and think "Ehhh - that might be a little ambitious." You see, waking up at 4am every day -- makes me kinda lose steam around 8pm. I'm not necessarily ready for bed then - but I'm not always feeling creative or motivated to put words on paper. So my "plan b" is that maybe I'll also double up tomorrow. 

I'm also working both weekend days at my parttime job so maybe the double up plan will allow me to get ahead and stay on track. 

That's the thing about building habits - it is HARD. Throwing in the towel, that's easy - but it doesn't move your forward.

If your intention is to push yourself, if your intention is to grow -- you have to change that ONE flat tire and get back on the road.

I bet you can even make up some time.

7 of 100


No comments: