11.05.2015

Catching up

Per normal, I'm running a little behind in the Thirty Days ...

#1 - I'm thankful for Daylight Savings Time.

Sunday, Nov 1st at 2 am we "fell back" and when I got up at 6:10 feeling refreshed and full of energy I was so thankful that for that "extra" hour. I get that is mostly psychological but that works for me. Before we headed out for Mass and a Baptism 4 people were showered and dressed in our Sunday best, food had been cooked and some laundry washed and folded. I'll take that feeling of accomplishment even if it is short lived. 

#2 - I'm thankful for kind, thoughtful and hard working neighbors

On Halloween morning we gathered together with a handful of neighborhood families to do a Fall Cleanup on the yard of an elderly neighbor. One post on Facebook Monday evening with the plan and Voila we had a crew. One neighbor made an apple crisp, another a small cake and everyone brought a rake and their enthusiasm. In 90 minutes, we were done and it was actually FUN! I was so proud of what we accomplished and how special we made our neighbors feel by doing this small thing for them. 

#3 - I'm thankful for Indian Summer

We are experiencing an unusually warm and mild Fall. I am enjoying not having to scrape my windshield in the morning and leaving for the day in a light jacket. The leaves are gorgeous reds, oranges and yellows and when the sun hits them just the right way it looks like they could be on fire. Fall is one of the reasons that I love living in New England and these extra days of warm temps and bright sunshine are making this one an extra treat!

#4 - I'm thankful that both girls go to dance on the same night

Last year Brooke danced on Tuesday nights and Kristen on Saturday mornings. It was doable and Paul was around to help with the Saturday stuff but we "lost" 1 weeknight to dance and most of Saturday. This year they both go on Wednesday - one at 5:00 and one at 7:00 - which is kind of a pain in the rear but at least it is on one night and then it is over, done, finished. Saturday is open for errands, chores, birthday parties or social invites and sometimes just for relaxing! 

No comments: