11.12.2016

More than a Bag

Day 10 - I am thankful for Thirty-one


In August 2014, I started a direct sales business with Thirty-one. At the time I was still searching for full time work and needed something that was mine, that I could manage, and work hard to see results.

Thirty-one Gifts is lead by CEO and founder, Cindy Monroe. She started the business in her basement in her home in Tennessee in 2003 with the mission to celebrate, encourage and reward women. 

The name comes from Proverbs 31 and the importance of faith to Cindy and Scott Monroe is one of the reasons I choose this company. 

This business has allowed me meet amazing women, amazing leaders and hear inspirational messages from well known authors and business people. 

It has also contributed to the income of our household. I'm not quitting my day job, but this allows me to help provide for some extras. 

The greatest gift this company has afforded me is a way to inspire our girls. We can tell our kids something a million times, but model behavior, man, that speaks to them. Brooke and Kristen see me managing all aspects of a successful business. They see me providing excellent customer service and building relationships. They see what happens when you have passion for what you do. 

I am so thankful for this company, for showing me that we are "better together" and reminding me that "we don't have time for everything, but we always have time for what matters most"

This company is so much more than a bag. 

Oh - the reason this didn't get posted on Thursday night, I was out working my Thirty-one business!

She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and laughs at the days to come.26 
She opens her mouth in wisdom;
kindly instruction is on her tongue.27 
She watches over the affairs of her household,
and does not eat the bread of idleness.28 
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband, too, praises her:29 
“Many are the women of proven worth,
but you have excelled them all.”30 
Charm is deceptive and beauty fleeting;
the woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.31 
Acclaim her for the work of her hands,
and let her deeds praise her at the city gates.
Proverbs 31: 25-31


Day 10 - I am thankful for Thirty-one

No comments: