11.01.2016

Hello November

Most Novembers, I dedicate Romanskiville to "Thirty Days of Thanks" and some years .. I actually get all 30 days done ... I'm a busy, work outside of the home mom, what can I say?

Sometimes the posts are super serious, sometimes they are super funny and sometimes there a little screwed up. There was that one time the post was called "Dinner Time" and it included only the picture of a Bud Light Lime. That one was a serious case of not proof-reading.

The last few years I spent a lot of time really becoming the best version of me. I have spent more time focusing on "what I have" rather than "have not." I'm making sure that I'm showing up for the people who show up for me. I've begun to put more trust in my Faith. 

Often we get so busy that we start to take things for granted, we forget to be kind and grateful. Earlier this year, we started "highs & lows" .. most nights, usually around the dinner table, we all share our best moment of the day and our lowest. The girls look forward to this, like it's an event, and it starts conversations. Rather than me saying "What'd you do at school today?" and getting "nothing" we have animated discussions.

I encourage you to try this for a month .. you don't have to share them on a blog, your social media, or really anywhere, just spend a moment - when you first get up or right before you turn off your light at night - and think of something that you are thankful for. You might be surprised how it can change your world!  

So without further ado, let's get this "Thankful" party started. 

Day #1 - I am thankful for an office with a door

Until I started at the college, I never, EVER had an office with a door ... I worked in a cubicle or from my house. I know that might seem like a small thing but sometimes you need to concentrate. Sometimes you need a place to have a private conversation with a student processing the death of their friend. Sometimes you need a time out to get yourself re-centered. Sometimes you might just want to eat your lunch, while it is hot, without conversation.  

My door is often wide open and lots of times I'm out at the service desk working with customers but it is nice to know, there is a place, should I need it. 

#1 - I am thankful for an office with a door

No comments: