11.07.2016

Sometimes you have to Splurge

Day 7 - I am thankful for my Splurge eye shadow

A few weeks ago, I was invited to a Facebook party for a makeup line. It was not the first time I heard of this company, but let's be honest .. when you think "hair and makeup" or "put together" .. I am NOT the first person that pops into your mind. 

Thing is .. I'm not getting any younger or thinner and my hair definitely isn't getting any redder (unless there is a salon visit involved) .. so I have been actually trying to make an effort.

About 6 weeks ago, I spent serious time blow drying my hair and used my big, round brush for some body. Compliment after compliment .. "I LOVE what you've done with your hair", "What a great color you have now" and "Did you get your hair done? It looks amazing!" .... hmmm, maybe I should have been doing this all along.  Anyway, I digress .. back to this eye shadow

I was pretty attached to my current makeup supplies - not a big fan of change - but I was curious and in all honesty, I wanted to buy something to support my friend who was hosting. 

The consultant did a really good job with her posts, mixing stills with how to videos, etc. I was intrigued by this Splurge eye shadow and I was leaning towards it. In a subsequent video, she had the prettiest purple eye shadow on. I want THAT was my immediate reaction. 

Fast forward .. I bought the eye shadow, the brush and a couple of other things. I spent more than I should have a few days after buying 4 round trip tickets to Aruba but I was helping a friend and a small business owner. 

The eye shadow is amazing .. I love the way it goes on, how easy it is to control and that fact that when I wear it .. people notice.

Today I picked the sweater I wore because I wanted to wear the eye shadow. 

A few minutes into my day, a coworker delivered her leftover Halloween candy and immediately commented on my eyes ....yup I might be ordering that in every flattering shade they make! 

Day 7 - I am thankful for my Splurge eye shadow

No comments: