11.09.2016

Too Much to Ask

Day 9 - I am thankful for old fashioned thank you notes

I woke up this morning not knowing who won the election, I didn't stay up because sleep is too precious. The way things were going, there was a strong possibility that we might not know for a bit, so sleep definitely won. 

I don't talk personal politics. It is just how I roll, one election post and it only mentioned Palin. Not one #ImWithHer or #MakeAmericaGreatAgain .... 

When I got up at 5am and checked the CBS News site, I'm not going to lie, I was shocked to learn that Trump was the President Elect. You've probably figured out by now, he wasn't my pick. I wasn't happy but what are you going to do? I just wanted time to process the last 24 hours, that's all. 

Apparently, too much to ask.  

Sometime this afternoon I stopped looking at my texts and shut down Facebook -- the negativity, from both sides, was too much. 

When we got home, the girls handed me the mail. I took a quick look through and found 2 handwritten envelopes .. the ones that could be invitations or cards. Opened the first, it was a note from my friend who recently lost her boyfriend in a car accident. She thanked me for taking time to visit with her at the wake and said that her Church family was how she was getting through this difficult time. 

The second was a note from our neighbor thanking us for being his "guardian angels", we recently organized the neighborhood leaf raking party at his house. He went on to say how the kindness of people that he didn't even know amazed him. 

Seriously, I needed that today. 

Day 9 - I am thankful for old fashioned thank you notes

No comments: