11.23.2012

Circle of Friends

#23 - I am thankful for the circle of friends that I gained when I met Paul.

Paul has a core group of friends ... Coach, WW, Fifty, Coz, and Johnny Kielbasa.  They are a close knit, loyal group and have been there to support Paul through some of his most difficult times.  Some of those "difficult" times were a result of heartbreak so it was a bit of a challenge to break into this circle.  These people have become some my dearest and most treasured friends.  They are the people that I would call in the middle of the night if I needed something and they would come. This great group of guys also have wives and girlfriends.  They are all individuals and have unique strengths that they share with me.  I've learned about entertaining and being a good hostess, I've gotten advice on parenting both my 2 legged children as well as my 4 legged one that sheds and wags his tail.  I've learned a million new recipes and how to appreciate a glass of wine and conversation.  I've learned to ask for help.  I've learned that when our small, tight little group is shattered by tragedy, as it was recently, that we are there for each other to love, support and grieve. I've learned that they are not just Paul's friends but they are my friends.


#23 - I am thankful for the circle of friends that I gained when I met Paul.

No comments: