11.07.2017

Where everybody knows your name

#6 - I am thankful for our favorite pizza place

We frequent a local family restaurant in town, Irene's. We always got pizza and grinders from there but at some point we started going and eating in. The food is delicious and they are great with the girls. When they were younger Kristen loved ravioli but it wasn't on the kids menu. They happily made her a smaller portion. 

They know what we order to drink, they know the girls by name, they know that Paul's grinder is "no cheese, no tomato"  -- they know US.  We go there so much that a couple of sneaky people at work put us on the Irene's menus and strategically placed them on the table when they invited us to join them. The girls LOVED it. 


I love that there is a wide variety on the menu, that they make the best soup, and that everything tastes so good. 

Over the summer, the girls were traveling with my parents and Paul and I went for a late dinner. One of our usual servers asked where the girls were. Then she went on to say "I love your family, you have the best dynamic, you interact the whole time you're here" We were caught completely off guard. We thanked her for noticing and for mentioning it to us. She went on to say that she sees so many people sitting at the table but not interacting - that they are all on their phones. She mentioned our Tic Tac Toe and Hangman games and how we talk to each other and that is makes her smile.

I left Irene's that night full - my stomach and my heart - full. 


#6 - I am thankful for our favorite pizza place

No comments: