3.20.2022

Don't Slash all Four Tires

 


I did not write yesterday. I made it 18 days in a row - writing and posting - but I just did not have it in me yesterday. 

The week had been kind of busy and were out later than usual on a Friday night. My Saturday morning walking partner is in FL, so I took advantage of that and stayed in bed until 8am! Paul had an appointment to get 2 wisdom teeth pulled. We were up and getting ready for the day when the phone rang, and they called to ask him to come early ??? 

Paul got home from there and then headed out to practice bowling with Kristen. Their new routine on Saturday mornings. 

We had a 1st birthday party, grocery shopping, the Ridgeline needed a new battery, and before we knew it, we were home after 6pm. 

Then you have to put all that stuff away from Aldi and Walmart. Then the people need to eat. We decided to watch Survivor while we ate dinner - which ended up being a bit of a smorgasbord. Then there is the clean-up!

It was about then I realized, there had been NO writing and there was now absolutely no ambition. 

Is this where it ends? I made it 18 out of the 100 and that's all she wrote? [See what I did there] 

Honestly the me of 4 years ago, might have just stopped. Slashing the proverbial remaining 3 tires because the one went flat. However, the me of today - is writing - post #19 on day 20. 

I've learned so much about perspective these last 4 years. A healthy investment in some personal development courses and a global pandemic will do that for you. 

I've spent a lot of time encouraging my girls to try and try and try again. Why wouldn't I take my own advice. It would have been amazing to write every. single. day for 100 days straight but for someone who is doing so many things and responsible for so much, I'm not sure it was practical. 

So here I am, demonstrating perseverance. Writing post 19 on Day 20.

I hope you looked for a post yesterday and were a tiny bit disappointed that you couldn't find one. I promise, it won't happen often. 

I hope you're glad that you found this one today. 

#WakeUp100

19/100


No comments: