3.09.2022

The Tribe has Spoken

 


For years, I've watched survivor. I started in the middle of Season 1. Whatever night it was on, we gathered at a friends house and had dinner and then watched together. 

My relationship with the show has started during my first marriage and has outlasted (see what I did there) a marriage, a divorce, a new relationship, marriage and now the kids. I've been watching this show for FORTY-TWO seasons over 20 years.

It started again tonight and even though we don't have cable -- we can watch it live on a streaming service. We normally watch it the night after, but we lucked out and Daddy got home right before it started. 

It might not be the most intellectually engaging show on TV, but we all take our favorite seat on the couch and cheer our favorites on. We put our phones away and spend an hour together. 

The kids think Paul and I really care about the show, but we have outwitted them. It is just about a little uninterrupted time together. 

I live for these moments.

#WakeUp100

9/100

 

No comments: