3.07.2022

Hurt So Good


The last weekend in February, we reclaimed the basement gym. The following Monday, we rolled out of bed at 5am and off we went to work out. 

It had been over a year. We always take a break around the peak season at UPS - Paul is working long days and needs the sleep in the morning. I use the space to set up a wrapping station where I can leave the paper, tags, tape, etc. out and easily accessible. 

We normally pick back up in January, but I was having some pretty significant issues with my feet. I spent 5 months in physical therapy in order to get that straightened out and then it was the holidays again.

So - FINALLY - after 14 months we were back on track.

Last Friday was our first "leg day" -- Paul hates leg day, I could do those exercises EVERY DAY. My legs are where all my strength lives -- they may not be the prettiest ones out there -- but they are strong. 

That being said, remember, it had been more than a year. 

At one point, Paul said "You're crazy - that's pretty heavy for week 1"

I shrugged it off and kept at it. 

We finished the workout and went on about our morning routine. As I headed downstairs to get ready to leave for the office after my shower, I immediately felt that little wobble. You know the one, right? Where you can feel your legs shake so you grab onto the railing for leverage (spoiler alert - I use the railing every. single. TIME. I go downstairs)

As Friday progressed, I could feel my muscles getting tighter by the hour. Saturday was hysterical -- Paul and I groaning every time we got up out of a chair or sat down. 

OK - maybe I did lift a little heavy for the first day. 

Today was Week 2, Day 1 - chest and triceps. 

Don't worry - no repeat mistakes here. I grabbed those little baby 5lb and 8lb weights without any hesitation. 

7/100

#WakeUp100 




No comments: